This guide is about how to download FaceTime for PC or Windows Computer easily.
FaceTime is Apple’s app that allows you to video chat with anyone and anytime. It was introduced by Steve Jobs in 2010 and was considered a great revolution in the communications field. It connects users to make video calls despite the distance between them. He also proposed FaceTime to be an open source app someday, so that everyone can use it. Finally, this app is available for other operating system users as well. Some of you might wonder, what is FaceTime PC? We are here to make you familiar with it.
As we already discussed, this is a video app allowing any user to connect with anyone even in far of distance. Through this app, you can hold meetings or chat, or have a conversation on an iPad, iPhone, Mac or PC with the built-in camera.
It is a click away, so instead of just listening to the other person’s voice; you can see them or their expression and have long conversations. The camera on the PC or Mac may seem tiny, but the video quality would be delicious.
Also See: iMessage PC Online Login
During the talk, the outer window frame disappears providing a perfect conversation sans distraction. You could even join more people in the video chat. No matter what camera you are using, front or rear, FaceTime for PC adjusts to it automatically.
Whenever someone is trying to reach you, every PC or Apple device with FaceTime will ring. In case you do not wish to receive certain calls, you can turn off the FaceTime PC in preference. This app can support a high definition video call up to 720 pixels.
The video frame of FaceTime can accommodate all the family members at one time due to its 16:9 widescreen ratio. Another major point about this app is that there are no charges whatsoever for the calling done through it. All you need a good Wi-Fi connection and you are ready to chat.
Download FaceTime for Windows PC:
Table of Contents
After reading through all the features explained about FaceTime, you would want to know how to install it on your OS. Originally being Apple’s app, it was not available for non-Mac users. But as Steve Jobs has said that he would one day want it to be an open source app, so here we are! You can connect with your friends quickly and conveniently. The basic requirements for Windows operating system are:
- Windows OS – XP/7/8/8.1/10
- 1 GHz CPU
- Minimum 2 GB RAM
- A webcam
- Good internet connection
Installing steps for Windows 7 using Bluestacks:
You all must have heard of Bluestack. It is an android emulator and is used to install various Android programs on Windows system at a great convenience.
- Firstly Download Bluestacks Official Installer
- Save .exe file on your system, double-click it and install Bluestacks
- Follow the prescribed procedure on the installation windows
- Once the installation complete, type FaceTime in the search bar.
- Click on the relevant app and click download. The installation process shall start automatically.
- Launch FaceTime app and start chatting.
Download FaceTime for PC Officially:
- Visit the official website of FaceTime and download the version
- Click on the installation file and run it.
- A screen will appear with all the instructions to guide you through the process.
- After the successful installation, launch the app on your PC
- It was quite an easy process but if you face any difficulty then here is another method using another emulator.
Read: Viber Online for PC
Installation using YouWave:
It is free emulator software and is readily available online.
- Download YouWave emulator for PC. Save the file on your system.
- Run the file by double-clicking on it.
- A separate window will appear showing the installation in process.
- After the installation is complete, type the name FaceTime for PCffac and click search.
- Select the relevant app and click to download now.
- The app will start installing with all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- After the successful installation, launch FaceTime on Windows 8/8.1
Facetime on PC using Nox App Player:
Another free open source emulator is Nox App Player. It is quite popular amongst the other emulators online.
- Download Nox App Player from its official website and save the file on your PC.
- Double click on the file and run it.
- A new window will come up with an update on the installation.
- When the emulator installs, search the app FaceTime in the search bar of Nox emulator.
- Click on FaceTime app and start the installation.
- Once it is complete, launch the app to start a conversation.
Installation of Facetime App on PC using Andy:
It is another type of free emulator.
- Step 1: Download it from your PC and install Andy emulator on your Windows operating system.
- Step 2: When the installation is complete, type the name of the app in the search bar of Andy.
- Step 3: Select the FaceTime app and click install now.
- Step 4: A separate window will occur with all the instructions for you to follow.
- Step 5: When the installation complete, you can start using the FaceTime.
Read: Kik for PC Online
Emulators play an important role and ease the installation process for so many apps and games too; that otherwise would not be possible. They aid in installing apps or games that are not otherwise compatible with the Windows system.
FaceTime for PC is a very useful and a simpler video app that enables you to chat with anyone be it far or near, quite conveniently. It is easy to use and operate, just like any other video chat app. It is compatible with Window 7 and above versions.
The installation process hardly involves six to seven steps maximum and easily understood. Moreover, FaceTime is a free open source application thus available to all. It is useful to communicate with your friends or family members without any worries. This app has become popular among the PC users around the world.
I think that you really enjoyed this tutorial and guide on how to get FaceTime for PC or Computer and if you faced any kind of problem or issue then let me know about it. And keep visiting Bluestacks Tutorial in future also.